What Happened in February?




This post is coming to you slightly later than I would like, which I don't really have an excuse for, so apologies for that.

Happy March! 

This year is going scarily fast, February went by in a flash, and it was a really busy month for me...

1. It snowed!

We FINALLY had some proper winter weather in the UK, although it only lasted a day around where I live. Luckily, I was at home at the time so I got to enjoy the wintery weather with our dog, Jinx.




2. I went to see David O'Doherty.

One of my flatmates loves him, I had never heard of him, but we went to see him at the beginning of last month for her birthday and it was a great night.

If I'm honest, I wasn't expecting to have such a good time but David O'Doherty is, actually, a very funny guy!


3. I attended a leaving 'do.

The lovely Vikki has moved on from the office that we both worked in to a fancy new job (I don't really know what that job is, but I wish her all the luck in the World with it anyway!). 

Although it will be sad not seeing her when I return to work in the holidays, I made her promise to keep in touch and we had a really great night out!




4. I went to see Kings of Leon.

They were SO GOOD. One of the best bands I have ever seen perform live. I could go on for hours about how their live performance sounded exactly the same as their recorded stuff, but this is supposed to be a quick update so you're safe for now.




5. I baked the best muffins.

I think one of the main reasons my housemates love me is my habit of baking on a Sunday. There's just nothing better than ending the week curled up on the sofa with a freshly baked sweet treat (in my opinion, anyway).

I used my usual banana bread recipe, but baked the mixture in 10 muffin cases rather than a loaf tin, as we didn't have one (and for about 20 minutes rather than 30). They turned out so well, and are one of the best things I've ever made, if I do say so myself.




6. My Mum's birthday.

Mumma Hazebeaulie came to Birmingham the day after her birthday and we enjoyed a really lovely lunch at The Botanist. But on her birthday I surprised her (with the help of my Dad) with this AMAZING cake from Caked and Baked by Hayley. 

It looked great, it was absolutely huge and it tasted incredible. I did good this year!




It's been another great month and hopefully March will be much more of the same. I'll let you know soon!


Haze x




Share:

0 comments