The Handmade Fair PR Launch

Last week I was lucky enough to be invited to the PR launch for Kirstie Allsopp's upcoming event, The Handmade Fair and I had so much fun, I haven't been creative in such a long time and it's surprisingly soothing! 

In fact, I had such a fun evening that I have now booked to take my grandma to the Fair itself, and I can't wait!





I got stuck in to the arts and crafts as soon as I walked through the door, starting with Lucy Elisabeth. Lucy is a fantastic wirework artist who showed us how to make stunning, flower shaped brooches out of different coils of wire.

Now I am definitely not usually a creative kind of person, but Lucy was really lovely, super helpful and patient, and I ended up with something pretty that I'm actually quite proud of!




Next up we moved on to The Arty Crafty Place, to create some gorgeous, printed tea towels. I LOVED this, it was right up my street as I was let loose with all of the fancy wooden printing blocks and bright colours (I am very much still a child at heart).






My masterpiece

Not only were we seriously spoiled with all of the crafts, we were also treated to some delicious cupcakes and drinks on arrival, and we left with a goody bag of treats from some of the stalls that weren't able to attend the launch, but which will definitely be at the fair itself.




The Arty Crafty Place were very generous and provided us with a handmade Indian wooden printing block, which they use for all of their designs and actually sell as well, a little pot of paint and a new tea towel, so that we can get our printing on at home. 

Vixie Dean kindly gifted a gorgeous handmade brooch, which is so pretty that I can't wait to see her at the fair, and Lubylu included a delicious smelling candle which has now taken pride of place on my windowsill.

Honestly, even if you're not hugely creative (like me), if the PR launch is anything to go by then the Handmade Fair is set to be such a fun day out that I cannot wait for!


Haze x




Share:

0 comments