HAPPY NEW YEAR

Happy New Year! I hope that 2017 brings you everything you wish for.

It's been a while, hasn't it? So, let's get back to it.

I am currently in my pjs, in bed, in a food coma, with Luke sat next to me giggling because he just fell of a cliff on his PS4 game. In short, I am going into 2017 a very happy girl. 

I had a truly magical Christmas, and I got to see in the new year with a cocktail in my hand and my favourite person by my side. I hope you all had a great end to 2016 as well.

2017 holds a hell of a lot for me to look forward to, but before I jump ahead of myself,  I thought I would look back on some of the things that have made 2016 one of my favourite years yet. Because, although it may not have been the best year for the World, on a much smaller scale, for me personally, it's been a pretty good 12 months.

1. Luke and I were talking last night and realised that we had five trips away together in 2016. Not too shabby for two students!

2. Following on from that, Luke and I went abroad together (just us) for the first time. It was the best.

3. I passed my first year of university with exactly the mark that I had hoped for - go me! All the stress and tears and doubt was 100% worth it. Although I hope there's no repeat of that this year!

4. I moved into a house with some fab people. I adore my house in Birmingham this year, I'll be so sad to leave everyone in July!

5. I sang in front of people and they enjoyed it (or so they say). A week or so before Christmas I was given the opportunity to sing a few songs in front of a room full of people in a local pub. As terrified as I was beforehand, I loved it.

6. I opened up about my IBS and got such an amazing response. As sad as it is that so many of us deal with this everyday, it's such a good feeling to know that you're not alone. 

7. I started this blog. Something that I created as a procrastination device in between my end-of-year exams has grown into one of the reasons that I have had such a fun year and I'm very glad that I finally took the plunge and started writing rather than just reading!

8. I saw some of my favourite bands live: Mayday Parade, Walk the Moon, Lower Than Atlantis, Don Broco (twice!), Catfish and the Bottlemen, Honne.

So, overall, 2016 was a damn good year. I hope yours was too. Here's to 2017 being even bigger and better!


Haze x



Share:

0 comments