Birmingham Student Eats: Yorks Bakery Cafe



Recently I have been a bad blogger and, for a week, I have written absolutely nothing. I had a lot of work to do university-wise, I was busy and, if I'm honest, I didn't have anything all that great to write about.

But my trip to Yorks Bakery Cafe  on Thursday evening changed that right away. So, continuing on from my two previous 'Birmingham Student Eats' posts (here and here if you're interested), tonight I want to review Yorks Bakery Cafe for you... enjoy!




Now I am not a beer fan, in fact I can't stand it, so you'll have to trust my friends when they say that the unique, quirky beers served here are amazing! The Blue Moon apparently has a hint of honey (try saying that three times fast), Yeastie Boys tastes as though it's flavoured with Earl Grey and Cloudwater has quite a spicy kick to it. In case you're wondering, my rose lemonade was also excellent: sweet, fruity and delicious.




All six of us went for burgers, as Yorks have a 241 deal on all burgers, Monday - Friday from 3pm, until close which we couldn't not take advantage of! This means that you pay £4.50 per burger, which I think is pretty decent and definitely worthy of inclusion in my Student Eats series!

You might have seen a photo of my Chicken Shawarma Burger (cumin, paprika and turmeric spiced chicken) on my Instagram, because it was too good for me not to share straight away. I didn't know it was possible to have so much flavour in a burger and I think I could eat this daily, it was a dream!




Now myself and my friend couldn't decide between the chicken or this Falafel Burger, so we had half each and I am so so glad that we did. I already knew that I liked falafel but I didn't know I could love it this much, and who knew that the healthy option could ever taste so good?! The amount of falafel in the burger was crazy, too, no scrimpy portions in sight.




The only burger ordered on our table that I didn't try was the American burger, which looked, smelt and (apparently) tasted so so good. Every single dish that we were served (right down to the chips!) was delicious and we were all so impressed with Yorks Bakery Cafe; it's in such a convenient location - right next to Birmingham New Street Station - and offers great value for money and heavenly food.




I can't wait to go back and give the cakes a go as they looked incredible too!


Haze x








Share:

0 comments