Returning to The Swan, Salford



Hey there! How are ya?

A little while ago, The Swan in Salford hosted the first ever Milton Keynes Bloggers event, which I was lucky enough to attend and told you all about here. It was so good, so so good in fact that I returned last Friday with Luke and my parents for a final meal out before I returned to university.




We started off with a sharing butcher's board and a mini loaf with garlic butter, split between the table. We were slightly concerned that the sharing board wouldn't be enough for the four of us, we were completely wrong. 

The food was just as good as it looks; the croquettes were AMAZING and the mini loaf with garlic butter was adorable and delicious in equal quantities. We cleared the board pretty damn fast.




For my main, I went for the Roast Duck Breast, Confit Leg, White Cabbage, Potato and Spring Onion Rösti (try saying that ten times fast!). I've never really eaten duck in any other form than crispy in a pancake or spring roll, but I fancied something different and for me, this was exactly that. 

The portion was huge, the food was amazing, what more could you want?




Luke and my Dad both decided on the Spiced Shoulder of Cornish Lamb, Pilaf Rice Salad, Coconut Sambal and Grilled Flatbread. I'm not a massive lamb fan, so I didn't try their dishes, but they ate every bite and the presentation was fab (apologies for the not so great photo above - I was rushed by very hungry family members!).




Mum went for what was probably the healthiest option out of all of us, Pea, Broad Bean and Mint Carnaroli Risotto with Chicken. You can have this dish as a starter or main-sized portion, and I think that it might be what I go for if we visit The Swan again (which I'm sure we will!), as it looked and smelled amazing. 




We were all far too full for dessert, so we had teas and coffees instead. The drinks were served with this adorable little tray of milk, smarties and sugar in a golden syrup can which was too cute not to show you!

Our night at The Swan was the perfect family meal out before I returned to Birmingham for my second year (which I will be telling you all about soon); the food was delicious, you could not fault the service and the whole layout and decor of the restaurant was gorgeous. 

Have you tried any new dinner spots for the first time in or around Milton Keynes recently?


Haze x















Share:

0 comments