A Wavendon Arms Experience

 


Hello! I have another foodie one for you!

I love a good pub meal, which you would know if you've read this blog post here. Last night Luke's family and I celebrated his sister's birthday at The Wavendon Arms, a gastro pub just outside of Woburn Sands. I'd been to this restaurant a few times before, so I knew it was amazing, and it definitely lived up to all my expectations and more! SO, I'm going to tell you all about it.


Now there were quite a few of us at dinner and I didn't want to be annoying and ask everyone to photograph their food before eating it (that pleasure was saved for just Luke and I), so I didn't get too many pictures. But that's okay, because I think it shows I had a great time and was too distracted to think about getting good shots for this blog post!

We had been out for lunch already during the day, for a Sunday roast with my Grandad, so I didn't want anything too heavy. Luke's Mum and I both went for this battered halloumi with sweet potato fries, served with mushy peas and a garlic mayonnaise, and it was perfect. Not too cheesy, not at all greasy, just right.


Never one to turn down the offer of a good burger, Luke went for a beef burger with extra bacon and fries. I tasted some of the beef and thought it was SO GOOD; I'm not even a burger fan so you know they must be onto something there.

I'm so gutted that I didn't catch the name of the lady who served us for the evening, because she was wonderful, she even sang happy birthday with us when it came to presenting Gabbie with her cake (a minion traybake, if you're wondering)! Like I mentioned, I've been to the Wavendon Arms a few times, for lunch and dinner, and I have never been anything less than impressed with their service and food.


If you're located in or around Milton Keynes and you haven't tried it here, do, I cannot recommend it enough. We all had a really great time and I think the Wavendon Arms may just be growing into the top spot for my favourite gastro pub!


Where is your favourite place to eat in Milton Keynes?


Haze x






Share:

0 comments