My Favourite Things About Summer

Oh hey there! Who else is sad that summer is coming to an end? (Or completely over by now... I'm writing this post in advance!)

I have one more summery post planned for next week and then it's into back to uni/autumn mode for me so, as a nod to what has been a truly great summer, I thought I would put together a little list of my absolute favourite things about summer.

1. BBQ's

I love a good BBQ; I love how you can pick exactly what and how much you want and be under no pressure to eat quickly, I love sitting outside with friends, family and a cold drink for hours on end, I love the left over food for lunch the next day and I love how happy the mixture of good food and sunshine makes everyone!

2. Sunglasses

Sunglasses and sunhats are my favourite accessories ever - I can protect my eyes/face from the sun, not get squinty and have to use my hand as a sun shield and I can hide any tired skin or eye bag issues that I may be having from the night before!

3. Sandals

All summer I have LIVED in my Birkenstocks. They are so unbelievably comfy and they go with everything, I am in love. I love getting my feet out in the summer and wearing fancy sandals or flip flops, I can't remember the last time I wore closed toe shoes!

4. Ice cream

This is an obvious one, right? As soon as the weather warms up, our freezer is jam packed with ice cream and ice lollies. There's nothing better than enjoying a FAB whilst trying and failing to catch a tan in the garden.

5. Music

For the first time in years, I have just bought the latest Now That's What I Call Music (number 94 if you're interested) CD, because this summer's top 40 chart has been killing it! Long car journeys have never been so enjoyable.

6. Holidays

As you are reading this, I am four days away from my summer holiday! Luke and I are off to Gran Canaria for a week of sun, sand and relaxation before heading back to uni towards the end of September. I cannot wait to be sat on a lilo in the infinity pool with a drink in my hand.

7. Being stress-free

First year was stressful, so so stressful and the last few months have thoroughly relaxed me, so much so that I'm now feeling pretty ready to go and give second year my best shot!


What are your favourite things about summer?


Haze x



Share:

1 comments