Edinburgh: days 1 & 2


I am so excited to write this post because last week was the best. Luke and I took a four day trip to my favourite city, Edinburgh, for a short, relaxing city break. It was perfect.



We arrived mid afternoon on Monday and went for a wander, exploring George's Street, Princes Street and finished with a drink on Rose Street, before heading back to our flat for a super yummy Chinese takeaway (I mentioned the Chinese restaurant that we love here, if you're interested).

I'm not a huge fan of flying, so a chilled night in after our journey was exactly what I needed.


On Tuesday we met up with two of our friends for a bit of a double date day out, starting at the National Museum and then heading up the Royal Mile to Camera Obscura.

The Museum was great fun, really interactive and interesting - I was so amazed at the amount of  different displays that there was to see!

It's free entry too, so perfect for a group of four students.


After the museum we headed to an optical illusions museum, which Luke and I have visited before. Camera Obscura is one of those places that you can visit again and again and always have a great time, the different illusions are incredible!


If you are looking for something different to do in Edinburgh, I would definitely recommend Camera Obscura, it's the perfect place to spend a few hours - we all loved it!

After our day out, Luke and I headed to our favourite tapas bar (also mentioned here) for dinner. The food was incredible; we shared six dishes between us and finished off with the yummiest desserts, my white chocolate and caramel cheesecake was to-die-for.


That was the end of our first full day in Edinburgh, keep your eyes on the travels page of this blog though for days three and four, coming soon!

How are you enjoying your summer holidays?


Haze x









Share:

0 comments