Another Day Out in London


Hi guys, happy hump day and welcome to my 50th blog post! I hope that this week is treating you kindly.

If you have been reading my blog for a while, you might remember my first post about London and a day out that I enjoyed there (you can see it here if not). I don't go very often as I'm not the biggest fan of busy places but, a little over a week ago, Luke's family and I took a trip down to London and I had such a lovely time.

 We were so lucky with the weather and I was seriously glad that I remembered my suncream; it was the perfect day to enjoy a boat trip down The Thames to Greenwich.


We boarded the boat just across the river from the London Eye and the whole trip took just over an hour, we sat on the top deck in the sunshine and listened to the commentary from one of the boat's staff, who was telling us all about the buildings and areas that could be seen from the boat.

The views were incredible, from the London Eye to Tower Bridge, HMS Belfast and Cleopatra's Needle.


The trip went really quickly, I could have stayed for much longer as it was really interesting, too. I had no idea how old some of the buildings down the river are, or what they used to be used for! The tour guide was great and entertaining as well, I have no clue how he managed to remember all of the information that he told us.

The boat trip ended at Greenwich, right by the Cutty Sark, an old British Clipper Ship which was once the fastest in the ocean. 


The boat is now a tourist attraction, packed with pictures, information and examples of the rooms and sailors who would once have been onboard. There is loads to see and do and we all really enjoyed having a look around. I couldn't believe how well-mantained the boat has been, so much of the original framework is still there to see!

The fact that the Cutty Sark is situated right on the side of the river, next to a gorgeous foreign foods market and an array of pubs and shops definitely doesn't hurt either. 


We had a late lunch in a cute little pub a couple of minutes from the Cutty Sark, The Spanish Galleon. The food was so good and the portions were huge, we all really enjoyed our meals  (I went for the roast beef with a yorkshire pudding). If you are ever down in Greenwich, I would definitely recommend this pub, it was great!

Do you have any recommendations of things to do next time I'm in London? I have another trip down there coming pretty soon!



Haze x








Share:

0 comments