Day 1 in Cambridge

As you would have seen in my previous post, Luke and I spent our weekend in Cambridge to celebrate our three year anniversary and had such an amazing time, so I thought I would write a couple of posts to share my weekend with you!


We arrived around lunch time on Saturday and checked into our hotel. We stayed at The Earl of Derby, which is a really lovely pub/B&B about a mile from the market square. The staff were so sweet and the room and breakfast were great!

After checking into our room, we wandered down to the town centre to have a look around. We ended up visiting the Fitzwilliam Museum which was really peaceful and so interesting. There's just something about art galleries and museums that I find quite calming.


After the museum, we went on the hunt for a cocktail bar or pub where we could stop and have a cold drink, as the weather was so unbelievably hot. We ended up finding a bar called 2648, which is pretty well hidden on Trinity Street and a really cool little place. 

I had a summer special cocktail called Berrisimo which I loved, and Luke went for a Detroit Driver which he enjoyed, but which was much too bitter for me!


We then decided to head back to the hotel so that we could get changed for dinner, but stopped at another bar halfway back (because walking is really tiring, right?)

This bar was called Novi and was great, because we could sit on the bar by the wide open front window and people watch while we chatted.


After getting changed and heading back into the centre, we went for dinner at Don Pasquale which is our favourite restaurant in Cambridge.


Don Pasquale is a wonderful, little family-run Italian restaurant right on the market square that always serves really yummy food. I had the carbonara which was so so creamy - exactly as carbonara should be! Luke had chicken in breadcrumbs topped with mozzarella and prosciutto and served with spaghetti pomodoro; I've tried this dish before too and we would both highly recommend it! 


Of course we had to have dessert too, so I went for strawberry and chocolate ice cream (which turned out to be the biggest portion ever) and Luke had the chocolate fudge cake, which he has said before is the best he has ever had!

If you are looking for a restaurant in Cambridge definitely give Don Pasquale a go. Also, if you are looking for a weekend away in the UK I would highly recommend Cambridge - it's so beautiful.

Look out for Day 2 in Cambridge soon!


Haze x








Share:

0 comments