Afternoon Tea


On Wednesday we took my lovely Grandmother to Teapots, a sweet little tearoom in Olney, just outside of Milton Keynes.

We booked in for the special afternoon tea; Grandma and I went for Earl Grey tea and Luke had a huge hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows (which looked amazing!). There isn't any choice in sandwich fillings or cakes for the food, which I have to admit I was slightly dubious about, but we were served a perfect selection of finger sandwiches, scones and little cakes which we all really enjoyed.


The sandwich fillings included turkey and cranberry (my favourite), smoked salmon and cream cheese (Luke's favourite), ham hock and red onion chutney, cheddar and red onion chutney and cucumber with cream cheese, but for me the mini chocolate cake stole the show as the icing was to-die-for.


I definitely recommend booking the special afternoon tea if you do want to go, as even on a Wednesday afternoon Teapots was pretty busy! 

The tearoom is small but comfortable, with plenty of old photos showing the history of Olney and of Teapots, along with gorgeous, mismatched china crockery and a selection of old cameras and clocks which looked pretty cool to me! 

If you're not a sandwich and scone person, you're certainly not limited to afternoon tea - there is also a large lunch/snack time menu with a range of sweet and savoury food (the pancakes are a firm favourite for me!). 

Haze x





Share:

0 comments